Author Topic: Clear All Fields IPTC Info/Stationary Shortcut Change  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Josh Barber

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.joshbarber.com
Clear All Fields IPTC Info/Stationary Shortcut Change
« on: October 29, 2016, 05:32:51 PM »
Is it possible in a future version to change the keyboard shortcut to "Clear All Fields" in the IPTC Info and Stationary from it's current shortcut of Command-Delete (Control-Delete on Windows) to a three key shortcut such as Command-Shift-Delete and assigning a clear selected field function to the Cmd-Del (Ctrl-Del) shortcut?

The reason I would advocate such a change is that in many other instances Cmd-Del (Ctrl-Del) will just clear the selected field and often trying to clear a single field (or missing a key when trying to delete the previous word with Alt-Del) I end up clearing the entire IPTC Info for a photo accidentally and then am left with no way to undo the change except going through every field and using "Undo" or exiting the IPTC Info pane without saving my changes and starting from the state I opened the IPTC Info.

Another solution would be to allow the "Clear All Fields" command be undone with a single "Undo" command, which would be welcome regardless of a shortcut change, but I still think there is an argument for changing the shortcuts for increased functionality.