Author Topic: Watermark standard sizeing  (Read 7983 times)

Offline zoomonsports

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Watermark standard sizeing
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:27:02 AM »
OK not sure if I am just being dumb or missing something with watermarking.  I shoot sports and use landscape and portrait shots for submitting.  They are usually cropped from the origional but different amounts.  I see size difference with both L and P but also depending on how much the photo is cropped. 

I have used both Pixle and % but cannot get a uniform size in the lower corner.  I hope I discribed my problem clearly.  If there are any suggestions or a question please let me know.

Cheers,

Tom
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 10:34:43 AM by zoomonsports »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermark standard sizeing
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:23:12 AM »
I suspect it's a bug in the Watermarker basing the size off of the pre-cropped size and getting affected disproportionately by the size of the crop rather than only caring about the post-cropped size.

We'll have to investigate and get back to you.

-Kirk

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:12:56 AM »
It looks like you are using the Pixels option in your sample screen shots.  This will create small fonts for larger pixel dimension images.  I use the percentages option when I need to have approximately the same watermark size, no matter what size the resulting the pixel dimension might be. For your example I used a 5% inset and 10% for the height and width sliders. The watermark starts to look crunchy for small pixel dimension images ( 480 x640 ). For any image under 1000 pixels, I recommend increasing the height and width sliders to 25%. I have attached a screen shot of my Watermark settings dialog.

--Bob

Offline tj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:06:43 PM »
I am having the same problem, but I am not cropping anything.
In fact, I am having different font sizes despite having the same % settings (or pixel settings, makes no difference) and the same resolution photos. Mine are all native originals and out of 300 photos most are fine, but about 40 of them are varying in size and seem to break the rules I assigned in the settings.
Tony provides a good example in this thread, (assuming that his example photos are the same resolutions)
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=10545.msg51709#msg51709

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
I am having the same problem, but I am not cropping anything.
In fact, I am having different font sizes despite having the same % settings (or pixel settings, makes no difference) and the same resolution photos. Mine are all native originals and out of 300 photos most are fine, but about 40 of them are varying in size and seem to break the rules I assigned in the settings.
Tony provides a good example in this thread, (assuming that his example photos are the same resolutions)
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=10545.msg51709#msg51709

They're not the same size.

Please post an image showing your settings, and provide two images that render inconsistently.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline tj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 12:49:49 PM »
Photos too large to post.
I sent a dropbox to your pm

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 01:35:15 PM »
Photos too large to post.
I sent a dropbox to your pm

I received your images.  As you explained in your readme, the problem doesn't happen consistently and requires a large number of images to be processed in order for the problem to happen.  Usually the best way to solve these sorts of problems is to add debug logging to PM, have you reproduce the problem and then send me the log file.  Would you be willing to give this procedure a try?

-Kirk

Offline tj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 02:29:14 PM »
Sure, but I'll have to learn how to do that first.