Author Topic: Missing Photos  (Read 2635 times)

Offline JJ101

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Missing Photos
« on: October 30, 2016, 04:38:23 PM »
Using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 16438 (e61be25) with Mac OSX 10.9.5

After ingesting a few memory cards of images, several photos are not showing up in the PM contact sheet but are showing up in Finder (on my hard drive). Not sure why this happened and it's never happened before with PM.

Here's what I suspect: When I ingested the cards I put them all to the same primary location folder but I reset the sequence variable with each memory card ingest. Subsequent cards with images with the same date confused PM as it couldn't have the same sequence number for them and so is only showing one batch instead of all of the photos.

Anyone experience this too?

What's the best way to get those photos from my hard drive (as seen in finder) to now show up in PM now that I've found them? Do I need to rename or re-ingest them with a different sequence or into a different folder?

Thanks.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Missing Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:59 AM »
PM shouldn't care how you have named them it should show them all unless you have a filter active and the images are not shown are filtered out.  Take a look at the Color Class and Ratings filters at the bottom-right corner of the Contact Sheet window.  Is anything being filtered?  Please post a JPEG screenshot if you're unsure.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk