Author Topic: Spinning ball issue and short cut from IPTC to editor  (Read 3235 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Spinning ball issue and short cut from IPTC to editor
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:57:22 AM »
I am running PM 5 (Build 17719) on a 2011 Macbook Pro 2 GHz i7 10.10.5. 16GB ram & 2x SSD's

I have recently started getting the spinning ball most times I use PM. It can be when I insert my CF card or when I'm choosing a destination folder to ingest/export my images to. My cards are not always being recognised when inserted, there can be a delay of up to 10-30 seconds before starting ingest. This can obviously be a pain as I'm never sure if it's going to start automatically or, if I have to go in to the ingest menu (auto ingest is selected). Have you any ideas what could be causing this? I only have PM and PS running.

Also, when adding a description/IPTC etc. to an image, is there a way to send the image straight to my editor? I'm guessing there's a short cut not aware of? I know E is the normal short-cut when in the contact sheet.

Thanks in advance

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Spinning ball issue and short cut from IPTC to editor
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
I am running PM 5 (Build 17719) on a 2011 Macbook Pro 2 GHz i7 10.10.5. 16GB ram & 2x SSD's

I have recently started getting the spinning ball most times I use PM. It can be when I insert my CF card or when I'm choosing a destination folder to ingest/export my images to. My cards are not always being recognised when inserted, there can be a delay of up to 10-30 seconds before starting ingest. This can obviously be a pain as I'm never sure if it's going to start automatically or, if I have to go in to the ingest menu (auto ingest is selected). Have you any ideas what could be causing this? I only have PM and PS running.

Hard to say without more information. I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Also, when adding a description/IPTC etc. to an image, is there a way to send the image straight to my editor? I'm guessing there's a short cut not aware of? I know E is the normal short-cut when in the contact sheet.

No.  You must leave the IPTC dialog first.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:54 AM »
Hi Kirk

I've attached the file for you.

If I need to reinstall PM I can do that. It's obviously a pain waiting while the computer is thinking.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 05:15:38 PM »
Hi Kirk

I've attached the file for you.

If I need to reinstall PM I can do that. It's obviously a pain waiting while the computer is thinking.

Thanks for your help.

The disk named 'Vertex 256GB' appears to be getting errors while PM is trying to access it.  I suggest running Disk Utility on it and check it for errors.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 10:39:19 PM »
Hi Kirk

I'm sure I've done that but will do it again.

To be safe, I'll swap the drive I think. Thanks for your help... AGAIN!!  :)

Cheers