Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Photo Mechanic for IOS

(1/3) > >>

melias99:
C'mon, guys! It's time! I am soooo tired of dragging around my laptop and would rather carry an iPad Pro with PM for IOS. Especially since it looks like Picture Pro is not supporting their product anymore.

Whadya say?!!!

Mark

Mick O (Camera Bits):
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the request. It's something we're keeping an eye on, but an iOS version is not yet in the pipeline.   Just curious: For a typical shoot, how many photos would you have in a contact sheet on a tablet?  Would your main use be culling on the tablet?

-Mick

Paul Smith:
I would also love to be able to use Photo Mechanic on an iPad, or even an iPhone. It would be great to have some form of live ingest and the ability to quickly select some images, apply the IPTC data and FTP them out. Of course, the ability to also tweak the levels would be an added bonus - as it would in Photo Mechanic generally. ;-)

As to how many images on an average shoot, maybe 500 to 1,000. Presumably the contact sheet would scroll as normal.

Cheers,

Paul

Howard Smith:
I would love to see PM on IOS also. I would love to be able to shoot tethered to my iPad with the ability to upload whenever I have a moment. I often shoot 3-4K images in a day.

melias99:
Sorry for the long delay in responding.

I would typically see no more than 20 images on the screen before having to scroll up or down.

I would use PhotoMechanic for IOS to ingest, caption, and transmit to my company's FTP server so an editor there could take the photos directly and place them on the webpage, especially in a breaking situation like a news story or an auto show.  Would be nice to have an actual crop function (Not just the suggested crop box as seen currently) and maybe some toning functions!  (ie: Shadow/Highlight, Exposure, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version