Author Topic: Copyright repeating  (Read 3910 times)

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copyright repeating
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »
I have just discovered a problem with the data from the IPTC stationary and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  In my stationary field I have ticked the box under image rights that says copyright: and in the text box I have {copyright} My name {iptcyear4} which I believed was supposed to result in the metadata showing the copyright symbol my name and the year.  However I have just discovered that the metadata is showing {copyright} My name {iptcyear4} followed by my name and the year several hundred or possibly thousand times (I did not count).  This can be seen if visit www.starsphinx.com/galleries and select an album and add a photo to the cart - that is how I discovered the problem.  i immediately checked back on PM and found that clicking the info button on an image did indeed show repeated name and year.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it - I need to redo all my images and re upload them without the huge list of repeating copyright.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copyright repeating
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »
I have just discovered a problem with the data from the IPTC stationary and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  In my stationary field I have ticked the box under image rights that says copyright: and in the text box I have {copyright} My name {iptcyear4} which I believed was supposed to result in the metadata showing the copyright symbol my name and the year.  However I have just discovered that the metadata is showing {copyright} My name {iptcyear4} followed by my name and the year several hundred or possibly thousand times (I did not count).  This can be seen if visit www.starsphinx.com/galleries and select an album and add a photo to the cart - that is how I discovered the problem.  i immediately checked back on PM and found that clicking the info button on an image did indeed show repeated name and year.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it - I need to redo all my images and re upload them without the huge list of repeating copyright.

{copyright} is the variable for the Copyright field.  {copyright} does not produce the copyright © symbol.  To fix the problem enter:

© your name {iptcyear4}

into the Copyright field of the IPTC Stationery Pad (be sure to uncheck all other fields) and apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your images.  This will correct the problem.

-Kirk

Offline starsphinx

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »
Cheers - uh how do I enter the copyright field?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 12:00:47 PM »
Cheers - uh how do I enter the copyright field?

You can copy it from this text: ©

If you want to type it directly, it is Option-G on a Mac.  On Windows, hold the Alt key down and type 0169 and the symbol should appear.

HTH,

-Kirk