Author Topic: Thumbnails/preview blinking and PM crash  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Alex Braga

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnails/preview blinking and PM crash
« on: November 15, 2016, 04:15:44 PM »
Hi!

I've seen some other topics describing the same issue, but with no solution to be read. After ingesting files and get the sheet, PM runs smoothly for a while, then the photos thumbnails suddenly starts to blink and most don't even show anymore on the sheet. Sometimes it happens while in preview mode as well: the picture disappears from the window or starts to blink, and if I close the preview window, the sheet is on the same state, that way making the use of PM impossible. I need to close it and even force its shutdown via task manager on Windows, since the process it's still running.

I'm using Photo Mechanic 5 build 17719 on Windows 10
Everything is up to date

By the way, I've already tried to reinstall, but the issue persists.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnails/preview blinking and PM crash
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:46 PM »
Hi Alex,

I have seen this problem once before on my W10 PC. Something corrupted the actual Photo Mechanic application and I had to uninstall it and then re-install using the Run as administer option.  Everything has been fine since then so I'm not sure what caused the original problem. When downloading a new installer from our website, make sure to Save the PM5SetupR17719.exe installer to your Downloads folder. Quit the web browser when the download has finished. Right click the PM5SetupR17719.exe icon and then select the Run as administer option from the contextual menu.   If the problem returns, please send a copy of the PM.log.zip file. This can be accessed from Photo Mechanic's Help menu -> Reveal Support data.

--Bob