Author Topic: LR - PM / problem  (Read 3308 times)

Offline ST Photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
LR - PM / problem
« on: December 20, 2016, 04:24:13 AM »
Hi,

I'm using LR6 en PM5 to do my edits on my macbook pro. (only using JPEG's)

Found a popular video for synchronizing LR and PM settings, I did all the settings that they said (on the video it works well).

Steps I do:
1. auto ingest images in PM (only locked images)
2. #A, #E => to edit all the selected images in lightroom
3. doing my edits in lightroom

=> but when I go back to PM i only see the cropped area (not the cropped image by itself but only the selected area from LR), all my other settings (contrast etc.) are also not visible.

Read embedded XMP before IPTC is checked in the settings (PM).

Thanks for the help,
Tomas

Offline ST Photo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: LR - PM / problem
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:32 AM »
This is the view I get when I go back to PM.

=> the border is de crop I made in LR (but everything out of the border is cropped out in the editing proces in LR)
=> color changes etc. are not seen in PM (even they are made in LR)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:02:44 AM »
This is the view I get when I go back to PM.

=> the border is de crop I made in LR (but everything out of the border is cropped out in the editing proces in LR)
=> color changes etc. are not seen in PM (even they are made in LR)

Did LR update the file?  I see you're browsing a JPEG, it should certainly be possible for LR to update the image data in a JPEG.  If the image data isn't updated by LR then PM isn't going to see the changes.

-Kirk

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
Photo Mechanic's crop is just the rectangle drawn on the image.  LR by default will just show the cropped area. If you use the r shortcut in LR, then you should see the entire image with the same rectangle as shown in PM.  If you only want to see the cropped area in Photo Mechanic, then go to the Settings option for the Crop tool and set the Opacity to 100%. The entire image will fill the Preview window but just the cropped area will be visible.
  When you make image adjustments in LR, the updates are just saved in the XMP metadata section. To see the adjusted image in Photo Mechanic, Export a jpeg from LR. If you are working with raw files, then Photo Mechanic will pair up the raw and new jpeg, using the jpeg for both the thumbnails and large previews. Now you should see the same adjusted image in Photo Mechanic.
 For your workflow steps, most people drag the selected group to LR's icon in the Dock. The Command-e shortcut does not work correctly in all situations. Many times it will just send the first selected image to Lightroom.

--Bob