Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Where's cataloging?

(1/7) > >>

ChrisGVE:
Maybe I've missed an announcement but I am wondering what's up with CameraBits. PM is a great tool and still rocks even on macOS sierra, though it starts to show its age and somewhat it worries me that in the not too far future we'll hear that CameraBits and PM are no more. That would really be a bummer.
This being said, there's nothing wrong with PM just that a few things could be done more elegantly, but as long as it's fast and does the job I'm fine with it.

I've read in multiple forum posts, pretty old ones, that CameraBits was working on a Cataloging software. Sounds like an intriguing proposition coming from the authors of my favorite "ingestor" and metadata manager, but since about 5-6 years there were no more comment about it. Is the project dead? and if so, what's the plan for PM? Are we going to version 6 instead?

Fellow PM users, what's your take?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: ChrisGVE on December 16, 2016, 07:54:13 PM ---Maybe I've missed an announcement but I am wondering what's up with CameraBits. PM is a great tool and still rocks even on macOS sierra, though it starts to show its age and somewhat it worries me that in the not too far future we'll hear that CameraBits and PM are no more. That would really be a bummer.
This being said, there's nothing wrong with PM just that a few things could be done more elegantly, but as long as it's fast and does the job I'm fine with it.

I've read in multiple forum posts, pretty old ones, that CameraBits was working on a Cataloging software. Sounds like an intriguing proposition coming from the authors of my favorite "ingestor" and metadata manager, but since about 5-6 years there were no more comment about it. Is the project dead? and if so, what's the plan for PM? Are we going to version 6 instead?

--- End quote ---

We're working on it every work day.  Big things are in store.  PM6 is going to be a 64-bit application with advanced cataloging capabilities.  When we get closer to release, you'll definitely hear about it.

-Kirk

fabianlujan:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on December 16, 2016, 09:29:11 PM ---When we get closer to release, you'll definitely hear about it.

--- End quote ---

Do you have an estimated release time frame for PM6?

Kirk Baker:
Fabian,

--- Quote from: fabianlujan on December 20, 2016, 04:06:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on December 16, 2016, 09:29:11 PM ---When we get closer to release, you'll definitely hear about it.

--- End quote ---

Do you have an estimated release time frame for PM6?

--- End quote ---

We're working to get it done as soon as possible but we don't project release dates.

-Kirk

mvalent:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on December 20, 2016, 09:59:46 AM ---We're working to get it done as soon as possible but we don't project release dates.

--- End quote ---
Don't you have enough with lies ? I wonder who can still believe this.
Fabian, I suggest you have a look somewhere else. Catalog project is dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version