Author Topic: problems exporting tagged photos to lightroom  (Read 6587 times)

Offline ZebraTales

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
problems exporting tagged photos to lightroom
« on: December 19, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
Hi, I am running Photo Mechanic 5.0, build 17719 and I run Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 on my Intel-based Mac.

I am having trouble exporting my tagged photos to Lightroom. This is an issue that seems to pop up regularly, but not always.

My workflow is to tag the photos in PM that I want to transfer to Lightroom. I then go to the 'tagged' tab and select all the tagged photos.
Then I press cmd+E or I drag the selected photos into Lightroom.

Sometimes everything works as foreseen; the photos all come up in Lightroom and the ones I had tagged in PM are tagged in Lightroom.
I then import the tagged photos into lightroom and begin to edit.

But just as often I drag my selected PM photos to Lightroom and ALL the photos appear untagged in Lightroom. My selection is not transferred from PM to Lightroom.
I included a screenshot of what I mean.

What could be the cause of this problem?

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: problems exporting tagged photos to lightroom
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
If Lightroom has not already imported these same filenames, then it should allow you to import the same images selected on Photo Mechanic's contact sheet, by dragging the selected group from Photo Mechanic's contact sheet, on top of Lightroom's icon in the Dock.  Photo Mechanic will show the selected and total file count in the contact sheet at the bottom left. LR should show the same selected count at the lower left of the thumbnails. Use the Add option in LR's Import module and then click the Import button.  Don't use Command-E to send the selected group to LR.  We have a video covering this workflow on our YouTube page.  Here are links to the videos :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC3M1TgAW1M          PM5 to LR5 Mac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlZr6j2w5Y          PM5 to LR on Win

--Bob
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:24:37 PM by Kirk Baker »