Author Topic: how to uncheck images showing in the 'contact sheet'  (Read 5549 times)

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
how to uncheck images showing in the 'contact sheet'
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:37:40 AM »
I have completed a search “how to uncheck images” (in Photo Mechanic) for this forum. I got three possible answers, none were applicable. So I’m posting.

Upon ingesting new files from my SD card all the images have tick marks/check marks in the bottom right corner. I would like to be able to “uncheck” the images or have them ingested without the check marks. How can I do this?

The objective is to check only the images I decide to work with so I have a working set and disregard the unchecked images. Alternatively if I could open a new window with only the checked images that would also work best for me. Screen shot attached showing 'checks'

Advice, comments or insights appreciated

thanks,
Jan

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: how to uncheck images showing in the 'contact sheet'
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 02:39:55 PM »
This can be done easily during ingest by setting up (and applying) the IPTC stationary pad to reset the tagged state.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:12:10 PM »
Jan,

I have completed a search “how to uncheck images” (in Photo Mechanic) for this forum. I got three possible answers, none were applicable. So I’m posting.

Upon ingesting new files from my SD card all the images have tick marks/check marks in the bottom right corner. I would like to be able to “uncheck” the images or have them ingested without the check marks. How can I do this?

The objective is to check only the images I decide to work with so I have a working set and disregard the unchecked images. Alternatively if I could open a new window with only the checked images that would also work best for me. Screen shot attached showing 'checks'

Select all of the images (Command-A) then hold down the Option key and click on any one of the checkmarks.  They will all toggle off.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Jan Normandale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »
Thanks Hayo.. that works going forward and I'll do that.

Thanks so much Kirk! That's exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers and all that for 2017