Author Topic: IPTC Pop up fields  (Read 1520 times)

Offline cjgunther

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Pop up fields
« on: December 30, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
Hello, I am wondering if i can make a template that I can distribute to several users that will auto insert information I have programmed locally into the pop up fields? Say if I want the Category IPTC field to have 01, 02, 03... etc, can those presets be included in a XMP file?

cj

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Pop up fields
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »
Once you have created the IPTC field popup lists on the Master computer, go to Photo Mechanic's Preferences and click the Export button at the bottom of any page. When the list of selected items opens, just select the IPTC field popup list for these fields. Click the IPTC:Category Popup entry to deselect everything else. Now scroll down until you see the IPTC:Supplemental Category 1 Popup.  Hold down the Command key ( Mac ) or the Control key ( Win ) and then click each of the Supplemental Category entries to add them to the selected group. Now you can click the Export button at the bottom to save the Preference export file.   Now copy this file to the other computer(s) with Photo Mechanic. Go to the Preferences and click the Import button. Locate the PM_Export.PMX file and open it.  Now you should see just the fields saved from Photo Mechanic on the Master computer. Click the Import button to continue.  Now the IPTC dialogs should have the same popup lists. I have attached a screen shot of the Preference Export list with these fields selected for the Export.

--Bob