Author Topic: Incremental Ingest  (Read 1645 times)

Offline DaveG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Incremental Ingest
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
I want to shoot say the first period of a game, upload my card to PM and do some work & so forth.  Then I want to use the same card to shoot more.  After shooting is completed I want PM to just upload/ingest the new images without re-ingesting those first files again, and I understand that I need to have the "Incremental Ingest" box ticked. 

When I do ingest I have the following set up: Source Directory Structure: Ignore - copy all photos to same destination.  Copy Photos: into folder with name. Folder Name: [My specific folder name.]  I do this so that the Primary Destination stays the same (pretty much always) and I just create a sub-folder with the current job's name.

I've just read something about the copy feature - which I didn't quite understand - so I'm wondering that if I'm using PM the way I described above am I messing up the "Incremental Ingest" feature?   

Is there anything else that I would need to do to make sure the Incremental Ingest works all of the time?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Incremental Ingest
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
Dave,

I want to shoot say the first period of a game, upload my card to PM and do some work & so forth.  Then I want to use the same card to shoot more.  After shooting is completed I want PM to just upload/ingest the new images without re-ingesting those first files again, and I understand that I need to have the "Incremental Ingest" box ticked. 

When I do ingest I have the following set up: Source Directory Structure: Ignore - copy all photos to same destination.  Copy Photos: into folder with name. Folder Name: [My specific folder name.]  I do this so that the Primary Destination stays the same (pretty much always) and I just create a sub-folder with the current job's name.

I've just read something about the copy feature - which I didn't quite understand - so I'm wondering that if I'm using PM the way I described above am I messing up the "Incremental Ingest" feature?   

Is there anything else that I would need to do to make sure the Incremental Ingest works all of the time?

No.  You're doing it just right.  As long as you don't reformat the card, PM should be able to track all of the files it has ever ingested from that card and won't ingest them again.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Ingesting_Images

-Kirk