Author Topic: Separating Raws from Jpegs  (Read 1543 times)

Offline markwall

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Separating Raws from Jpegs
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »
I shot a job and they wanted me to shoot raw and jpegs.  Now that the job is over, I want to dump the jpegs only and keep the RAWS, WAV and XMP files.  How can I do that in PM?  If not possible, how can I do it in Mac 10.10.5.  I do not want to use Lightroom.

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: Separating Raws from Jpegs
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:10:51 AM »
You could choose Sort by (type}, which would separate out all the different file types, which would make selecting each file type easier.

Or...

Use Find... (Cmd F) and search for the word ".jpg" - which has the advantage of automatically selecting all the unwanted jpegs, which you can then quickly and easily delete (Cmd Backspace).

You may want to ensure you're not viewing Combining RAW+JPEG (Cmd J), but I haven't got a folder of raws & jpegs to test whether it's a necessity - probably is tho'.

Here's a screenshot of the settings I used when I quickly tested my theory (the jpegs can be seen to be selected and the tiffs unselected, from when I first ran the Find... command)

There's bound to be other ways of achieving this, this is just the method that occurs instantly to my tiny brain.  :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:21:59 AM by Tony Hall »

Offline mariengb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Separating Raws from Jpegs
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »
Hej,

From my side working on Mac I would not bother if everything is in the same folder. Just sort by filetype and delete the JPGs. 10 Seconds and done.
Trying to build up an open-source keyword catalogue.
https://github.com/neiram44/OSKC/