Author Topic: Double-clicking issue with Preview  (Read 1759 times)

Offline eenon42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Double-clicking issue with Preview
« on: January 11, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
Hi. Recently an issue has popped up for me that didn't used to happen, and I'm not sure if it's from updating PM or updating OSX.

When I'm viewing a contact sheet of photos, and I want to see a photo in the larger preview mode, I double-click it, obviously. But now, something happens where I try to double-click and the command doesn't go through. it seems like PM thinks I'm trying to click and drag that photo, and so it hesitates and cancels the Preview. I can sometimes get it to open in Preview still, but I often have to try several times to get it to work. I'm not sure if it's a mouse clicking sensitivity issue, or what. But it didn't used to happen, and it is happening on more than one machine with different users in my office.

I know I can just click on the icon of the magnifying glass to go to Preview, and that does work fine. But if the double-clicking issue could be fixed, all the better.

Thanks.

I'm running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 18040 (9e75cf5) on my Intel Mac running OS Sierra 10.12.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Double-clicking issue with Preview
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:00:12 PM »
Hi. Recently an issue has popped up for me that didn't used to happen, and I'm not sure if it's from updating PM or updating OSX.

When I'm viewing a contact sheet of photos, and I want to see a photo in the larger preview mode, I double-click it, obviously. But now, something happens where I try to double-click and the command doesn't go through. it seems like PM thinks I'm trying to click and drag that photo, and so it hesitates and cancels the Preview. I can sometimes get it to open in Preview still, but I often have to try several times to get it to work. I'm not sure if it's a mouse clicking sensitivity issue, or what. But it didn't used to happen, and it is happening on more than one machine with different users in my office.

Are you moving the mouse at all between clicks?  I could see how that might trigger the start of a drag and drop operation: first click selects the photo, second click (with motion) starts a drag of the selected photo.

-Kirk

Offline eenon42

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Double-clicking issue with Preview
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:50:25 AM »
Well certainly it thinks I'm moving my mouse between clicks, but I'm really not. I was able to double-click properly in Photo Mechanic for the last two years and only recently has this problem began.