Author Topic: GPS Camera Direction  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Helmeru

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
GPS Camera Direction
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
HI,
I ingest fotos from the memory card with gps data already written in the camera. Is there a way to see the all gps data. Longitude and Latitude is shown, but where can I find the others like utc date and time, compass direction. PM does import the info from the card, but I am not able to check.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
Uwe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: GPS Camera Direction
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 09:54:04 AM »
Uwe,

I ingest fotos from the memory card with gps data already written in the camera. Is there a way to see the all gps data. Longitude and Latitude is shown, but where can I find the others like utc date and time, compass direction. PM does import the info from the card, but I am not able to check.

The GPS data is in your images and PM will preserve all of it during Ingest.

See here for the list of GPS variables that PM supports: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#GPS_Variables
Here is how you can customize your Info Text panel: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Info_Panel

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Helmeru

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: GPS Camera Direction
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 03:37:59 AM »
Hello Kirk,
thanks for the reply. It does help.
I checked the files and all the information is there.

Background is, I ingest all my photos into PM. Afterwards I import them into Lightroom and there the information of the gps direction is missing. If I import the photos from the card directly into Lightroom the direction field in the library tap is filled with something like southwest. So thanks again, I need to look what lightroom does expect.

Regards
Uwe