Author Topic: Crop preview setting  (Read 4396 times)

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
Crop preview setting
« on: January 17, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »
I would love to have the ability to be able to preview in full screen to view the "crop" marked picture{s), one or one at a time, with a keyboard command. And possibly a selection of two to six "crop" pictures all shown cropped on full screen with the ability to color tag and change color tag(s) each.

Also when that "crop" picture is in full screen I would like to be able to color tag or change color tag(s) of those "crop"ed pictures.

Right now a similar feature can be accessed from the "Slide show setting" with "apply crop" checked but has no keyboard shortcut to access. Nor can you color tag or change color tag when previewing each with "Slide show setting" those pictures.

Post assignments I often have customers review pictures on my computer and being able to show "crop" picture(s) and being able to color tag and/or change color tag(s) those pictures would greatly help me with this process.
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7

Offline Linwood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Crop preview setting
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:38:44 PM »
+ 1 the idea of a way to see the cropped result.  This would be especially useful when doing a significant rotation, as I find the rotation of the crop (vs the photo behind it) to be less than idea in terms of visualization. I realize that sounds silly because, well, it's RIGHT THERE and you can see it, but it's not.  A quick keyboard shortcut or button to go full screen as a preview would be very nice there.

While we're picking on crops, I sure wish the crop overlay had a fine grid.  Often the vertical lines I want to align with are nowhere near the marks on the crop, involving guessing or moving it over, rotate, move it back.  Just a bit more fine, not overboard, maybe a light grid between each? 

My entire use of PM is for import, cull, crop and straighten, so I probably spend 75% of my time in actual use with the crop overlay.  I love that it's faster than lightroom (which is why I use it), but it's a bit dinky as well.

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:20:54 AM »
+1 for the fine grid when rotating a crop.  Lightroom does this nicely as the fine grid only appears when you start to rotate the crop.  Just to be clear, I know that the screen  has two horizonal and two vertical divisions within the crop window if turned on, what I had in mind was a far finer grid overlay that activates when you start to rotate the crop.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:35:35 AM by dusty »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »
Right now a similar feature can be accessed from the "Slide show setting" with "apply crop" checked but has no keyboard shortcut to access. Nor can you color tag or change color tag when previewing each with "Slide show setting" those pictures.

Post assignments I often have customers review pictures on my computer and being able to show "crop" picture(s) and being able to color tag and/or change color tag(s) those pictures would greatly help me with this process.

Actually you can tag, rate, and color class images in the slideshow.  The usual single-key keyboard shortcuts work.  If you use the text option (appears at the bottom of the slideshow) and use the appropriate variables {tag}, {rating}, {colorclass} you can even see the changes you've made.

-Kirk