Photo Mechanic > Code Replacements

Rename folders on ingest using code replacements?

(1/1)

Jeff Vogan:
I shoot each competitor at an event in a unique folder on the camera.  I am ingesting files that are contained in folders that look like this, for example:

853NC_D4
901NC_D5
903NC_D5

Currently I manually rename each of these folders to reflect the name of the competitor. That is a lot of renaming at a big event.

If I have a code replacement file that contains the following:

853   Joe Smith
901   Susan Jones
903   Silly Billy

Is it possible to use variables and code replacements so that when I ingest the images, PM will rename the folders to look like this?

853 Joe Smith
901 Susan Jones
903 Silly Billy

I currently am able to rename the folder using {foldernum} to rename the ingested folder to just the first 3 digits (853, 901, 903, etc.).  Where I am stuck is trying to do a code replacement to add the competitor's name to the folder name.  Is it possible?  It would save me hours of typing (and eliminate typos) at each event if I could get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk Baker:
Jeff,

--- Quote from: JeffV on January 18, 2017, 07:57:22 PM ---I shoot each competitor at an event in a unique folder on the camera.  I am ingesting files that are contained in folders that look like this, for example:

853NC_D4
901NC_D5
903NC_D5

Currently I manually rename each of these folders to reflect the name of the competitor. That is a lot of renaming at a big event.

If I have a code replacement file that contains the following:

853   Joe Smith
901   Susan Jones
903   Silly Billy

Is it possible to use variables and code replacements so that when I ingest the images, PM will rename the folders to look like this?

853 Joe Smith
901 Susan Jones
903 Silly Billy

I currently am able to rename the folder using {foldernum} to rename the ingested folder to just the first 3 digits (853, 901, 903, etc.).  Where I am stuck is trying to do a code replacement to add the competitor's name to the folder name.  Is it possible?  It would save me hours of typing (and eliminate typos) at each event if I could get this to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it should be possible.  You may need to change your Code Replacement delimiter character.  The default is '\' which is a valid path separator on Windows and will conflict with the operation of Code Replacement.  For instance, choose '=' as your delimiter character and you should be able to use ={foldernum}= in your Ingest Folder Name to build your path.

HTH,

-Kirk

Jeff Vogan:
That works perfectly when using = as the delimiter.  What took me two weeks to sort and edit last spring took me 5 days last week with PM. This should save me at least another day and reduce errors due to typos.  Awesome! Thank you!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version