Author Topic: User customization in IPTC lists  (Read 3410 times)

Offline MYanow

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
User customization in IPTC lists
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:14:24 PM »
Hi Guys,

First, I want to say thank you for being so quick to answer questions on twitter.

I edit for multiple photographers at sporting events and I use the Edit Caption pull down menu a lot to speed up the process of captioning. See attachment. At times I might have 6 different captions that I use for a game.

I would love the ability to sort [really put a dash mark between photographers, to group them by photographer] so I don't accidentally insert the wrong photographer credit in the caption. The box is to small to read the whole caption.

Thanks for taking the time to read my feature request.

All the best.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: User customization in IPTC lists
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »
I edit for multiple photographers at sporting events and I use the Edit Caption pull down menu a lot to speed up the process of captioning. See attachment. At times I might have 6 different captions that I use for a game.

I would love the ability to sort [really put a dash mark between photographers, to group them by photographer] so I don't accidentally insert the wrong photographer credit in the caption. The box is to small to read the whole caption.

Not to diminish your feature request, but Code Replacement may be a better solution for you:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Code_Replacement

Code Replacement excels at speeding up captioning, allowing you to enter a short mnemonic and having it replaced with as much text as you require.  You invent the codes that make sense to you and they correspond to any string of text you want, including letting you use Photo Mechanic's variables which makes the replacements more powerful.

HTH,

-Kirk