Author Topic: Using Camera serial numbers to ingest multi photogs  (Read 8118 times)

Offline ckcondon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Using Camera serial numbers to ingest multi photogs
« on: January 30, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
I'm getting a handle on setting up stationary pad to apply info based on camera serial numbers.
What I'm struggling with is the file re-naming at ingest. We use photogs initials as part of the filename. How do I write it into code replacement, and how do I set up the field in "rename" to apply initials?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Using Camera serial numbers to ingest multi photogs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
I'm getting a handle on setting up stationary pad to apply info based on camera serial numbers.
What I'm struggling with is the file re-naming at ingest. We use photogs initials as part of the filename. How do I write it into code replacement, and how do I set up the field in "rename" to apply initials?

You'd set up your Code Replacement file like this

00001[tab]AA
00002[tab]BB

And in your renaming you'd use your Code Replacement delimiter (by default it is '\' but I suggest changing it to something else like '=' instead since backslash ( \ ) is used as a path separator on Windows and it is filtered out by PM on macOS.) then the serial number variable {snum} followed by your Code Replacement delimiter, like so:

={snum}=

You'd put the above in your renaming string wherever you want the initials to appear.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline ckcondon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
Thanks Kirk.

I currently have it set up to be serial # then full name. I'm still a bit confused as to how to do initials in the filename with the same serial #'s

3003885      Chris Condon   
3003773      Chris Condon   

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:31:46 PM »
Thanks Kirk.

I currently have it set up to be serial # then full name. I'm still a bit confused as to how to do initials in the filename with the same serial #'s

3003885      Chris Condon   
3003773      Chris Condon

Add another tab and then add your initials for each photographer:
3003885      Chris Condon   CC
3003773      Chris Condon   CC

Then use the second replacement:

={snum}#2=

You should get 'CC' as the replacement.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Code_Replacement

HTH,

-Kirk