Author Topic: Upload from PM5 to Microsoft Clod  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Upload from PM5 to Microsoft Clod
« on: February 13, 2017, 04:30:45 AM »
Can anyone explain to me if it possible to upload images from PM 5 to Microsoft Cloud? It does seem possible to do so to other services but I cant figure out how to do the same for MSN. I have discovered that uploading whole directories to MSN is slow even with a fast fibre connection so my plan would be to upload directories of smaller images, mainly NEF, rather than everything.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Upload from PM5 to Microsoft Clod
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:48:56 AM »
Hi Frank,

Which Microsoft Cloud product are you using?  Are you using Microsoft OneDrive?

If so, there is probably no way to upload faster than the OneDrive application that syncs folders from your desktop.  I did some searching and it appears that MS does not allow free FTP access to OneDrive. I saw some mentions of other paid software being able to do it, but then other responses say they no longer work wither. MS seems to want to push everyone to use the OneDrive syncing as the only way to push files.

Links:

How to access with ftp to OneDrive?:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles/how-to-access-with-ftp-to-onedrive/cbebf3d0-78a5-4132-abbf-636b34a5a9e6?page=2

https://www.depicus.com/blog/upload-files-to-onedrive-for-business-from-os-x-mac/#comment-2316608039

Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Upload from PM5 to Microsoft Clod
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »
Hi Mick O Thanks for the reply. I looked at SPFILEZILLA as mentioned in the articles and decided that it is a bit too much for me. I will keep OneDrive as a cloud backup but will just continue to use external hard drives for most important backup such as system files and images etc.

I have just noticed I typed Microsoft "Clod" which with hindsight is a more apt descroption  :)