Author Topic: Dual Monitor Support  (Read 6578 times)

Offline redsvt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dual Monitor Support
« on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:02 PM »
Does or will PM support a true dual monitor setup? BTW thanks for the info on Vista installation, works great.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Dual Monitor Support
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:10:52 PM »
Does or will PM support a true dual monitor setup? BTW thanks for the info on Vista installation, works great.

You can put the Preview window on one monitor and leave the Contact Sheet window on the other monitor.  So, the answer is yes.

-Kirk

Offline redsvt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply Kirk, but when I do that I am unable to browse the contact sheet, as the scroll bars are not available to be selected. I guess that is what I meant about DM support, being able to use the contact sheet as well as accessing the browser.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply Kirk, but when I do that I am unable to browse the contact sheet, as the scroll bars are not available to be selected. I guess that is what I meant about DM support, being able to use the contact sheet as well as accessing the browser.

The Preview window is modal.  The Contact Sheet cannot be used at the same time as the Preview window.  I plan to change this in a future version.

-Kirk

Offline mokimac

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »

You can put the Preview window on one monitor and leave the Contact Sheet window on the other monitor.  So, the answer is yes.

-Kirk

While this works, I cannot get the contact sheet window to update while flipping through and color marking images in the preview window. Am I doing something wrong?

It would be helpful as there are times when I mark an image to be deleted(color red) and rather than go back  it would be nice to make a quick glance at the contact sheet to double check the color I gave the previous image..

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »

While this works, I cannot get the contact sheet window to update while flipping through and color marking images in the preview window. Am I doing something wrong?

No.  As I mentioned earlier the Preview window is modal.  There is no interaction with any other window while it is active.

Quote from: mokimac
It would be helpful as there are times when I mark an image to be deleted(color red) and rather than go back  it would be nice to make a quick glance at the contact sheet to double check the color I gave the previous image..

OK.

-Kirk