Author Topic: Tagging not transferring to Lighroom on a large number of fies.  (Read 2338 times)

Offline RichardG

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging not transferring to Lighroom on a large number of fies.
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »
I have the current evaluation copy of Photo Mechanic. I am using a computer with Windows 10 64bit and lightroom CC 2015.7

Here is the problem.

I shot some sports last night and came home with about 3000 files. I imported them into lightoom and went to bed.

I then went through some images in Photo Mechanic and colour tagged some. But the changes did not show up in Lightroom after synchronized the file in LR.

I have it set up correctly.... If I create sub folder in lightroom and move a few hundred photos, and repeat the process in Photo Mechanic tagging the photos, then go into lightroom and synchronize the folder, the colour tagging I did in photo mechanic then shows in lighroom.

So it it seems it might be something to do with the amount of images in the folder???

Is there a tweak I need to make to the settings?

Thank you

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Tagging not transferring to Lighroom on a large number of fies.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:38:13 AM »
The number of images really doesn't matter, I've worked with much larger numbers and that always worked fine. So if you find that it works just fine on a smaller set you moved to a different directory, something else must be influencing your process. Are you absolutely sure you did the same things in both cases? To me it looks as if the folder synchronisation did not work. Also when you look at the big folder in PM again, are your settings as you expect them?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl