Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

IPTC templates problem

(1/3) > >>

rugfoot:
I'm trying to create new IPTC templates by making changes to an existing template and then saving with a new name. But the changes are being applied to the original templates aswell as creating a new template. I must be doing something wrong? Any help would be gratefully received.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: rugfoot on March 07, 2017, 11:34:36 AM ---I'm trying to create new IPTC templates by making changes to an existing template and then saving with a new name. But the changes are being applied to the original templates aswell as creating a new template. I must be doing something wrong? Any help would be gratefully received.

--- End quote ---

So when you load previous templates, nothing changes to the contents of the IPTC fields?

-Kirk

rugfoot:
Thanks for replying Kirk. No - the opposite: what was happening was that previous templates were changing when I didn't want them to. But I just tried again and it worked fine. I must have been doing something wrong.

But here's a new but related problem: if I change a template, then go to close stationery, it asks me if I want to save the changes, but if I re-load the same template, the changes haven't been saved. How do you edit an existing template without changing the name? (I"m going to post this as a new question aswell).

Thanks for your help with this.

Hayo Baan:

--- Quote from: rugfoot on March 08, 2017, 06:37:14 AM ---How do you edit an existing template without changing the name?

--- End quote ---

Simply save the template under the exact same name, that will update it with the new content of the stationary pad :)

rugfoot:
Thanks for getting back Kirk. So why is it asking me to save changes (which don't get saved, or do they somewhere?)? So instead of closing, I hit Save... and I have to remember what the name of the template is so I can save it with the same name. This sounds a bit workaroundy?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version