Author Topic: Transfer of Keyword Data from one folder to another.  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transfer of Keyword Data from one folder to another.
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:53:11 PM »
I watched the tutorial regarding the transfer of Keywords from one folder to another. I get to filling in the new stationary pad and the drop down box on my the keyword field does not have the same menu..

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?action=post;board=2.0

Any suggestions please

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Transfer of Keyword Data from one folder to another.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 03:37:19 PM »
I watched the tutorial regarding the transfer of Keywords from one folder to another. I get to filling in the new stationary pad and the drop down box on my the keyword field does not have the same menu..

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?action=post;board=2.0

Any suggestions please

I'm not sure what tutorial you're referring to, but the link you provided starts a new post on the Photo Mechanic Support message board.

Please provide more info (link to tutorial).

-Kirk

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 03:14:27 AM »

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 09:01:53 AM »
Hi Cloughie,

I had added the code replacement variable, \{fbas}\, to the Keywords field's popup list. You can do the same by typing \{fbas}\ into the Keywords field and then click the arrow button to the right and then click the Add \{fbas}\ option at the top. As long as the IPTC Stationary Pad's Keywords field has \{fbas}\, you will ready to Apply the Stationary Pad to the matching jpegs.

regards,

--Bob

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 09:12:23 AM »
thanks i will let you know how i get on..

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »
Not having Much luck.. when i go to apply stationary pad I can click on the button on the  right and it gives me all of the file numbers as the image below. I then enter the variable \{fbas}\ and that variable transfer to all images as a keyword.

obviously doing something wrong some where.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
Hi Cloughie,

I think I see the problem. There is a typo for the new line variable in the Export text dialog. It looks like you have a left square bracket instead of a left curly bracket.  The Export text dialog's variable field will have the following variables :  {fbas}{tab}{keyw}{nl}.  The generated text file should have each line starting with the filename without the extension, then a tab spacing and then the keywords for that image. You should verify this before using it as a code replacement text file.  In the IPTC Stationary Pad, you do not need to have the code replacement variable as part of the popup list.  Just click the clear button at the bottom of the dialog to reset it and make sure the + box is not checked for the Keywords field. Now type \{fbas}\ in the Keywords field. Close the Stationary Pad to save the changes.  Go to the Set Info Text dialog from the Edit menu -> Settings option and click the Reload All button to reload your updated code replacement text file.  You can test the Apply Stationary Pad by selecting one image, right clicking the thumbnail and then click the Apply Stationary from the menu. Click the image's i button to verify it worked as expect. If so, then you are all set to update the rest of the images in a batch.

regards,

--Bob

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:16 AM »
You Hero Bob.. Worked a treat.. 7600 images