Author Topic: Watermarks  (Read 14071 times)

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
Watermarks
« on: May 10, 2006, 01:29:27 PM »
Great job on the new PM release. Where can I find a users manual that explains the new features and how to use them for the watermark option in PM 4.4.3. I use MAC OS X 10.4.6 and your new features are going to save me a considerable amount of time during my normal workflow of pictures.

I love the feature but I am having alot of trouble getting the watermark to display as,
MagicalPhotos.com
By Mitchell Zachs

It won't allow me to have to have MagicalPhotos.com and By Mitchell Zachs on seperate lines, one right below the other.

Thanks,
Mitchell Zachs
http://www.MagicalPhotos.com/
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Watermarks
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »
Great job on the new PM release. Where can I find a users manual that explains the new features and how to use them for the watermark option in PM 4.4.3. I use MAC OS X 10.4.6 and your new features are going to save me a considerable amount of time during my normal workflow of pictures.

I love the feature but I am having alot of trouble getting the watermark to display as,
MagicalPhotos.com
By Mitchell Zachs

It won't allow me to have to have MagicalPhotos.com and By Mitchell Zachs on seperate lines, one right below the other.

You're right, I can't get it to work either.  It always breaks MagicalPhotos.com at the 'm' and puts it on a different line.  There is a bug and you've found it.  I have fixed it in a development version and we'll get it into the next release.

-Kirk

Offline mzachs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • MagicalPhotos.com
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 03:08:07 PM »
Thanks Kirk,
Where can I find a how to do manual written for the other features of PM watermarking? There may be also be problem with the feature which allows you the option of where on the picture to display the watermark. I have beta tested for other products. Please let me know if I can help test the new watermark features.
Thanks again,
P.S. I especially love the save as command for quick jpg making from Nefs that are exposed properly. I no longer have to do the much longer conversion through photoshop.  :-X
Hope this helps,

Mitchell Zachs
MAC OS 10.12.2, on a MacBook Pro Retina 2.33 Ghz Intel Core i7

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »
Where can I find a how to do manual written for the other features of PM watermarking?

Manual?  There is no manual! ;)

Seriously, we're working on it.

Quote from: mzachs
There may be also be problem with the feature which allows you the option of where on the picture to display the watermark. I have beta tested for other products. Please let me know if I can help test the new watermark features.

Describe the problem please.  I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:46:36 AM »
Kirk I have few more questions about watermark too. When I put (c) sign (I use alt+0169 on windows) it shows normal (c) sign in text field for watermark, but once when photo is on ftp it adds another character infront of (c). That character is like A with ^ on top of it. Font for watermark text is Arial black on Windows XP.

Another thing, which I'm sure it was working right in beta is position of text. I have text (c) PhotoSI, with Arial black font, bold and drop shadow font style, center alignment and position mark as center (center point out of 9 points). I also added scaling to fix box 500 pixels when ftp photos, so photos are scaled from 2000-3000pix down to 500pix. When I look at photos on server, text is positioned on left third of photo and not centered, like it was in beta. Here are two samples:
With inset 0%
http://www.photo.si/stuff/pm_inset0.jpg
and with inset 25%
http://www.photo.si/stuff/pm_inset25.jpg

Thanks for help :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 12:51:50 AM »
Kirk I have few more questions about watermark too. When I put (c) sign (I use alt+0169 on windows) it shows normal (c) sign in text field for watermark, but once when photo is on ftp it adds another character infront of (c). That character is like A with ^ on top of it. Font for watermark text is Arial black on Windows XP.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Quote from: Primoz Jeroncic
Another thing, which I'm sure it was working right in beta is position of text. I have text (c) PhotoSI, with Arial black font, bold and drop shadow font style, center alignment and position mark as center (center point out of 9 points). I also added scaling to fix box 500 pixels when ftp photos, so photos are scaled from 2000-3000pix down to 500pix. When I look at photos on server, text is positioned on left third of photo and not centered, like it was in beta. Here are two samples:
With inset 0%
http://www.photo.si/stuff/pm_inset0.jpg
and with inset 25%
http://www.photo.si/stuff/pm_inset25.jpg

I think I have already fixed that one, but I'll check to make sure.

Thanks for the heads-up,

-Kirk

Offline Primoz

• View Profile
    • PhotoSI Sports photo agency
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:24 AM »
Sorry Kirk if I understood you wrong now. English is not my native language, so I appologize in advance already for all missunderstandings. :)

This positioning of watermark was working right in first beta of 4.4.3 (sorry I have no idea about second beta). I have final release now and in this one I have this problem. If you meant, that this is/will be fixed in version newer then the one which was out few days ago (first final version after beta) then I appologize.

Thanks for your answers. ;)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:07:30 AM »
Sorry Kirk if I understood you wrong now. English is not my native language, so I appologize in advance already for all missunderstandings. :)

This positioning of watermark was working right in first beta of 4.4.3 (sorry I have no idea about second beta). I have final release now and in this one I have this problem. If you meant, that this is/will be fixed in version newer then the one which was out few days ago (first final version after beta) then I appologize.

I mean to say that it is fixed in a to be released 4.4.3.1 update.

-Kirk