Author Topic: color class not shown in Lightroom  (Read 4159 times)

Offline seveneleven

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
color class not shown in Lightroom
« on: May 29, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
Hi,

I marked my photos in PM with color classes and star ratings. Whilst the star ratings are shown in Lightroom, the color aren't. I left the other settings in default.

The settings of the color classes are set to Lightroom. I left the other settings in default. Should the box "Synchronise Color Class with ITPC/XMP Urgency field" maybe flagged? Or the Box in "files" "Always update XMP Label when changing color Class"?

thanks!

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: color class not shown in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »
Have you set up the colour names in PM and LR to match exactly? LR uses the names to refer to the colour labels, not their colour itself (in fact, the colours are allowed to differ, as long as the names match).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline seveneleven

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 11:24:15 PM »
I wasn't aware of that  :o Thanks for the hint!  ;D

The names didn't matched. I revised the names but I wonder, how to go on? Does PM synchronise the new color names by it's own or do I need to update the new color names manually? I assume I need to sync the metadata in Lightroom to see the changes?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
I wasn't aware of that  :o Thanks for the hint!  ;D

The names didn't matched. I revised the names but I wonder, how to go on? Does PM synchronise the new color names by it's own or do I need to update the new color names manually? I assume I need to sync the metadata in Lightroom to see the changes?

If you've changed the Color Class names since you've applied them in PM, you'd have to make some sort of metadata change (tag/untag) to get them to change their names in the metadata.

On the LR side, you would have to force LR to re-read the metadata from the images if LR has already imported the images.

-Kirk

Offline seveneleven

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »
hi Kirk,

thanks for clarifying.

I would suggest, that you expand "Spelling of the text labels is important" in your handbook to "Spelling of the text labels is important. In order to use the Labels in Lightroom properly, double-check the spelling with the local language of your Lightroom Installation".

AFAIK Lightroom uses the color class in standard with shortcut 6-9. Hence, it would be great, if PM would use these shortcuts also by default (if using the Lightroom compatibility).

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:09 PM »
hi Kirk,

thanks for clarifying.

I would suggest, that you expand "Spelling of the text labels is important" in your handbook to "Spelling of the text labels is important. In order to use the Labels in Lightroom properly, double-check the spelling with the local language of your Lightroom Installation".

AFAIK Lightroom uses the color class in standard with shortcut 6-9. Hence, it would be great, if PM would use these shortcuts also by default (if using the Lightroom compatibility).

PM can't know what the local Lightroom labels are.  I'll see about getting the manual updated.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »
The manual is now updated. Thanks!

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits