Author Topic: PM changes the capture time of Topaz processed images - correction?  (Read 4049 times)

Offline Dave Panno

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hello -

I am sure this has been discussed before but the search for "Topaz" brings nothing up.

How do you correct for the change to old Topaz processed images that have had their Capture time altered?

Many thanks if an answer or link could be provided.

Dave Panno

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM changes the capture time of Topaz processed images - correction?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
Dave,

I am sure this has been discussed before but the search for "Topaz" brings nothing up.

How do you correct for the change to old Topaz processed images that have had their Capture time altered?

Until I do a Google search for "Topaz processed images", I don't know what a Topaz processed image is.

If the Adjust Capture Dates and Times dialog is unable to adjust the capture time of your images, it is likely due to a missing EXIF capture date tag.  PM won't insert one if it doesn't exist.  If the tag doesn't exist then PM will use the creation date of the file (if the filesystem supports it, not all do) or failing that, PM will use the modification date of the file as the capture date.

-Kirk

Offline Dave Panno

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:56:43 AM »
Sorry Kirk; I sould have been more specific.

I use the Topaz Labs processing suite from within Lightroom.   Topaz must strip something because when I put the processed file back into the original folder it does not sit next to the original when "Capture Time" is selcted for display in the Contact Sheet..

It sits at the very end of the sheet which suggests it has the processing date as the capture.

The pad shows no change in date or time !  Can't explain that.

Just try to see if there is something I could do to correct it.

When Filename is selcted they arrange properly.

Thanks - Happy Sunday.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »
Sorry Kirk; I sould have been more specific.

I use the Topaz Labs processing suite from within Lightroom.   Topaz must strip something because when I put the processed file back into the original folder it does not sit next to the original when "Capture Time" is selcted for display in the Contact Sheet..

It sits at the very end of the sheet which suggests it has the processing date as the capture.

The pad shows no change in date or time !  Can't explain that.

Just try to see if there is something I could do to correct it.

When Filename is selcted they arrange properly.

If you would like to post a sample file here (or give me a link to download) I'd be happy to tell you if the photo contains capture date information or not.

Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your sample file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Dave Panno

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:05:14 AM »
Thanks