Author Topic: Background color for Navigation Pane  (Read 2636 times)

Offline Buzz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Background color for Navigation Pane
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:03:46 AM »
Good Morning,
Running:  Laptop (LT)  Win 10 64 bit all updates posted ... Netbook (NB) Win 10 32 bit all updates posted.
PM  Latest version available on both computers ... just a few days old on both computers

I am stumped.  I have tried just about everything I can to change the Favorites, Navigation and Task panes background to a color other than white on the NB machine to no avail.  The LT machine is fine though it has had PM loaded on it for several updates (which may make a difference). The NB install is two days old ... fresh download from your site.  I determined the backgrounds for the panes in question do not track with the colors of the contact sheet on LT or NB.  Please guide me to some setting I have not been able to find so I can replace the white.

Additionally, I am getting the NB machine ready for field processing of images at the end of each day on trips.  I am thinking I can create a file on NB and ingest the images using PM with the renaming functions, etc.  At the end of day two (and more) I would like to ingest (and append) the new images to the existing file as date separation is not necessary ... just location and/or event.  I am hoping the check box for incremental ingest will serve my purpose.  I plan on reformatting the SD cards after the images are ingested each day.  If I am not thinking correctly, can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks for making such a great product available.

Buzz

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Background color for Navigation Pane
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »
Buzz,

Running:  Laptop (LT)  Win 10 64 bit all updates posted ... Netbook (NB) Win 10 32 bit all updates posted.
PM  Latest version available on both computers ... just a few days old on both computers

I am stumped.  I have tried just about everything I can to change the Favorites, Navigation and Task panes background to a color other than white on the NB machine to no avail.  The LT machine is fine though it has had PM loaded on it for several updates (which may make a difference). The NB install is two days old ... fresh download from your site.  I determined the backgrounds for the panes in question do not track with the colors of the contact sheet on LT or NB.  Please guide me to some setting I have not been able to find so I can replace the white.

In the Accessibility section of the Preferences dialog there is a checkbox "Use lighter interface theme on dialogs and message boxes" that will make the overall UI lighter or darker.  Have you tried changing that checkbox?

Additionally, I am getting the NB machine ready for field processing of images at the end of each day on trips.  I am thinking I can create a file on NB and ingest the images using PM with the renaming functions, etc.  At the end of day two (and more) I would like to ingest (and append) the new images to the existing file as date separation is not necessary ... just location and/or event.  I am hoping the check box for incremental ingest will serve my purpose.  I plan on reformatting the SD cards after the images are ingested each day.  If I am not thinking correctly, can you point me in the right direction.

When you say 'file' do you mean 'folder'?

Incremental Ingest is useful when you shoot multiple events and ingest each one without formatting the card between Ingests.  If you format the card then PM has no way to identify the card uniquely and will simply Ingest the contents of the card in its entirety.  (PM puts a small 'ID' file on the card to track Incremental Ingests).

Given the workflow you've described, I think that standard Ingest will work fine for you since you're formatting the card after each ingest anyway.  There will be no duplication on Ingest since the previous photos on the card will have been erased by the format you're doing in the camera prior to the next shoot.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Buzz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Background color for Navigation Pane
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Kirk,  Thanks for the accessibility checkbox hint ... now all is well!  Also, I will do a normal ingest to the same file. 

Thanks again,

Buzz