Author Topic: Ingest multiple cards to multiple destinations in one dialog box  (Read 3782 times)

Offline big0mike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I upload files with a Lexar Professional Workflow hub which allows me to upload four cards at once. Almost always each card's images needs to be put in a different directories. It would be sweet to be able to select each card one by one and select a destination for each card's images THEN hit the ingest button ONCE.

Since we are dreaming it would likely be beneficial to be able to apply the IPTC pad and a renaming scheme separately for each card in the same manner, all inside of ONE ingest dialog.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest multiple cards to multiple destinations in one dialog box
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
I upload files with a Lexar Professional Workflow hub which allows me to upload four cards at once. Almost always each card's images needs to be put in a different directories. It would be sweet to be able to select each card one by one and select a destination for each card's images THEN hit the ingest button ONCE.

Since we are dreaming it would likely be beneficial to be able to apply the IPTC pad and a renaming scheme separately for each card in the same manner, all inside of ONE ingest dialog.

They would be run in series and this would be much slower than running each one in parallel.

-Kirk

Offline big0mike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »

They would be run in series and this would be much slower than running each one in parallel.

-Kirk
My guess is that's because each ingest task can only go to one destination?

In this dream world of mine I guess you would technically be creating FOUR ingest tasks all initiated within the one dialog. Not a yuge time saver but I'd use it constantly. :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 06:35:52 PM »

-Kirk
My guess is that's because each ingest task can only go to one destination?

In this dream world of mine I guess you would technically be creating FOUR ingest tasks all initiated within the one dialog. Not a yuge time saver but I'd use it constantly. :)

Right, it would be a lot of work to make it operate significantly different from the way it currently works.  If you want to ingest multiple disks simultaneously, you select them one at a time and kick them off separately.

-Kirk