Author Topic: option to "include all subfolders" in contact sheets  (Read 11956 times)

Offline dmc137

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • david cunningham photography
option to "include all subfolders" in contact sheets
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:10:43 PM »
it would be a huge help to be able to include subfolders when opening contact sheets. i have my images divided into subfolders and would like to have the ability to sometimes open all images into one contact sheet.

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: option to "include all subfolders" in contact sheets
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »
it would be a huge help to be able to include subfolders when opening contact sheets. i have my images divided into subfolders and would like to have the ability to sometimes open all images into one contact sheet.

We will likely add such a feature at some point, but understand that such a feature can be problematic since it would be all to easy to open the root folder of a collection of tens of thousands of images which would take forever to scan and load.

You do know that you can manually open as many folders as you want into a single Contact Sheet, right?

-Kirk

Offline dmc137

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • david cunningham photography
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
i actually learned how just after posting this request. have to say that photo mechanic is my most used program after photoshop! great program.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:55:55 AM »
i actually learned how just after posting this request. have to say that photo mechanic is my most used program after photoshop! great program.

You can use the "Remember folders..." command on the File menu to save the state of your multi-folder Contact Sheet as a Favorite.  Then when you double-click the Multi-Folder favorite, your folders will reopen in a single contact sheet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
Just saw this thread ...

I am looking for something a little bit different - I would like to see all files of a certain type (e.g. tiffs only) in a folder hierarchy.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Just saw this thread ...

I am looking for something a little bit different - I would like to see all files of a certain type (e.g. tiffs only) in a folder hierarchy.  Is this possible?

No, but you could create a custom sort and use the {type} variable which would at least group all of your TIFFs together.  Then you could select them and use View->Selected.  Now only the TIFFs would be visible.

HTH,

-Kirk