Author Topic: Folder highlight disappears when clicking in contact sheet  (Read 2149 times)

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder highlight disappears when clicking in contact sheet
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
I'm running PM 5.0 18237 under Windows 10 64 bit (all current updates) on an Acer F15 w/16 gb of memory and a 256 gb SSD.

This is a replacement laptop for a Lenovo that failed, preventing me from retrieving my settings from PM that had been happily running.

When I click on a folder in the Navigator pane it gets highlighted as usual and the contact sheet opens. But as soon as I click anywhere in the open contact sheet the highlight disappears.  This makes it difficult to rapidly choose another folder, not knowing at a glance where I am in the navigator.

The highlighting remains in PM 4.6 running on my ancient laptop and as far as I recall worked fine in PM 5 on my defunct Lenovo laptop.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I've checked the preference and help files to try and find some reference.  If it's there, I'm missing it.

Thanks.

Ralph

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder highlight disappears when clicking in contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »
Ralph,

I'm running PM 5.0 18237 under Windows 10 64 bit (all current updates) on an Acer F15 w/16 gb of memory and a 256 gb SSD.

This is a replacement laptop for a Lenovo that failed, preventing me from retrieving my settings from PM that had been happily running.

When I click on a folder in the Navigator pane it gets highlighted as usual and the contact sheet opens. But as soon as I click anywhere in the open contact sheet the highlight disappears.  This makes it difficult to rapidly choose another folder, not knowing at a glance where I am in the navigator.

The highlighting remains in PM 4.6 running on my ancient laptop and as far as I recall worked fine in PM 5 on my defunct Lenovo laptop.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I've checked the preference and help files to try and find some reference.  If it's there, I'm missing it.

No settings control that behavior.  The control (Navigator or Favorites) loses focus when you click in the contact sheet and no longer draws its selected item.  I expect that if you give focus back to the Navigator the selected item will be drawn again.

-Kirk

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:36:04 PM »
Thank you Kirk. By changing focus back to the Navigator, do you mean clicking on a folder again or just hovering in the Navigator which re-engages the scroll wheel on my mouse.  Just moving over the Navigator doesn't restore the highlight.

I'm just a little mystified that this behavior wasn't demonstrated in earlier versions and releases and wonder if it has anything to do with the new laptop.

Thanks again.

Ralph

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »
Ralph,

Thank you Kirk. By changing focus back to the Navigator, do you mean clicking on a folder again or just hovering in the Navigator which re-engages the scroll wheel on my mouse.  Just moving over the Navigator doesn't restore the highlight.

I'm just a little mystified that this behavior wasn't demonstrated in earlier versions and releases and wonder if it has anything to do with the new laptop.

I expect clicking on the Navigator pane (where it says "Navigator" in its title) should be enough to give the pane focus.

I just tested it on my W7x64 system and when I clicked on "Navigator" the pale blue highlighting returned to the selected folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
Thanks Kirk! Clicking on 'Navigator' brings it back and is much easier than finding the folder in the list.

Ralph