Photo Mechanic > Support

Folder highlight disappears when clicking in contact sheet

(1/1)

rbaskin:
I'm running PM 5.0 18237 under Windows 10 64 bit (all current updates) on an Acer F15 w/16 gb of memory and a 256 gb SSD.

This is a replacement laptop for a Lenovo that failed, preventing me from retrieving my settings from PM that had been happily running.

When I click on a folder in the Navigator pane it gets highlighted as usual and the contact sheet opens. But as soon as I click anywhere in the open contact sheet the highlight disappears.  This makes it difficult to rapidly choose another folder, not knowing at a glance where I am in the navigator.

The highlighting remains in PM 4.6 running on my ancient laptop and as far as I recall worked fine in PM 5 on my defunct Lenovo laptop.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I've checked the preference and help files to try and find some reference.  If it's there, I'm missing it.

Thanks.

Ralph

Kirk Baker:
Ralph,

--- Quote from: rbaskin on March 24, 2017, 04:14:17 PM ---I'm running PM 5.0 18237 under Windows 10 64 bit (all current updates) on an Acer F15 w/16 gb of memory and a 256 gb SSD.

This is a replacement laptop for a Lenovo that failed, preventing me from retrieving my settings from PM that had been happily running.

When I click on a folder in the Navigator pane it gets highlighted as usual and the contact sheet opens. But as soon as I click anywhere in the open contact sheet the highlight disappears.  This makes it difficult to rapidly choose another folder, not knowing at a glance where I am in the navigator.

The highlighting remains in PM 4.6 running on my ancient laptop and as far as I recall worked fine in PM 5 on my defunct Lenovo laptop.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?  I've checked the preference and help files to try and find some reference.  If it's there, I'm missing it.

--- End quote ---

No settings control that behavior.  The control (Navigator or Favorites) loses focus when you click in the contact sheet and no longer draws its selected item.  I expect that if you give focus back to the Navigator the selected item will be drawn again.

-Kirk

rbaskin:
Thank you Kirk. By changing focus back to the Navigator, do you mean clicking on a folder again or just hovering in the Navigator which re-engages the scroll wheel on my mouse.  Just moving over the Navigator doesn't restore the highlight.

I'm just a little mystified that this behavior wasn't demonstrated in earlier versions and releases and wonder if it has anything to do with the new laptop.

Thanks again.

Ralph

Kirk Baker:
Ralph,

--- Quote from: rbaskin on March 27, 2017, 03:36:04 PM ---Thank you Kirk. By changing focus back to the Navigator, do you mean clicking on a folder again or just hovering in the Navigator which re-engages the scroll wheel on my mouse.  Just moving over the Navigator doesn't restore the highlight.

I'm just a little mystified that this behavior wasn't demonstrated in earlier versions and releases and wonder if it has anything to do with the new laptop.

--- End quote ---

I expect clicking on the Navigator pane (where it says "Navigator" in its title) should be enough to give the pane focus.

I just tested it on my W7x64 system and when I clicked on "Navigator" the pale blue highlighting returned to the selected folder.

HTH,

-Kirk

rbaskin:
Thanks Kirk! Clicking on 'Navigator' brings it back and is much easier than finding the folder in the list.

Ralph

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version