Author Topic: Previous uploads forgotten  (Read 1736 times)

Offline jrp

• View Profile
Previous uploads forgotten
« on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 with the latest Sierra.  I ingest my pics as I go, formatting the card only periodically.  I have the "Import only new images" selected and normally it works fine.  However, today I plugged the card reader into a different USB-C port from the one that I normally do and now all the old images are being re-ingested.  Not sure whether that is the cause, but it's a pain...

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Previous uploads forgotten
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:12:23 AM »
I am running a MacBook Pro 2016 with the latest Sierra.  I ingest my pics as I go, formatting the card only periodically.  I have the "Import only new images" selected and normally it works fine.  However, today I plugged the card reader into a different USB-C port from the one that I normally do and now all the old images are being re-ingested.  Not sure whether that is the cause, but it's a pain...

That shouldn't matter.  As long as the ".pmingest.dat" file is intact and contains the same "ID" number as previous Ingests, PM should know what files have been ingested.  If your new USB port is causing some sort of error in reading the file, Ingest will then ingest the entire card.

-Kirk