Author Topic: Auto-add color tag as per Camera Model during ingest  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Abnai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto-add color tag as per Camera Model during ingest
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:30 AM »
Is it possible to auto-add color tag according to the camera model/make during ingest?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Auto-add color tag as per Camera Model during ingest
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »
Is it possible to auto-add color tag according to the camera model/make during ingest?

This can be accomplished with the IPTC Stationery Pad (setting the Color Class field to be applied, based on evaluation) combined with Code Replacement.

You would need to create a Code Replacement text file with the make and model as the code, and the color label index value as the replacement.  In the Color Class field (popup changed to "Evaluate:") you would enter your Code Replacement delimiter, then {make}{model}, then the closing Code Replacement delimiter.  Using this IPTC Stationery Pad during Ingest should look up the make and model, finding the matching code, and replacing with the corresponding color label index.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Code_Replacement
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC_Stationery_Pad
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Image_Variables

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Abnai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:14:11 AM »
Thank you Kirk.

Tried this. I guess I am doing wrong some place in the sequence. Attached the screenshots for your reference.

Tested with 2 serial numbers. Want one serial number to tagged pink, the other purple. Images get imported but not color tagged. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
Thank you Kirk.

Tried this. I guess I am doing wrong some place in the sequence. Attached the screenshots for your reference.

Tested with 2 serial numbers. Want one serial number to tagged pink, the other purple. Images get imported but not color tagged. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

The Code Replacement file is a tab-separate text file.  The columns in the file are not separated by your chosen Code Replacement delimiter.  Replace your commas in the text file with a single tab character.

And I wouldn't suggest using comma as your delimiter in the Code Replacement preferences dialog since it is often used in text.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Abnai

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 07:19:36 AM »
And it works! Thank you much Kirk. :D