Author Topic: Tagging of Fuji XT2 images on ingest  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Rob Gray photographer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagging of Fuji XT2 images on ingest
« on: March 31, 2017, 01:54:06 AM »
Recent firmware updates to the Fuji XT2 have allowed voice tagging of images and this is working well and is supported in PM5.
But I am able to "lock" an image on the camera and select import locked only files with ease, but if I import all files, the "locked" files loose their locked status when shown in the contact sheet
is this a PM or a Fuji issue?

I would like to be able to ingest all the files from the cards, and then be able to  view the 'locked" "tagged" using the ƒ3 selection as if they had been tagged in PM5

Do I need to ask fuji for help or is it a cross-software issue?

Rob

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tagging of Fuji XT2 images on ingest
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »
Rob,

Recent firmware updates to the Fuji XT2 have allowed voice tagging of images and this is working well and is supported in PM5.
But I am able to "lock" an image on the camera and select import locked only files with ease, but if I import all files, the "locked" files loose their locked status when shown in the contact sheet
is this a PM or a Fuji issue?

I would like to be able to ingest all the files from the cards, and then be able to  view the 'locked" "tagged" using the ƒ3 selection as if they had been tagged in PM5

It depends on how the camera 'locks' the files.  Most cameras 'write-protect' the files on the card to mark them as locked.  This is what PM is sensitive to.  If your camera does this through some other means (modifying data in the photo itself) then PM won't pickup this information.

-Kirk