Author Topic: Larger window for keywords box in IPTC info  (Read 3218 times)

Offline tomang

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Larger window for keywords box in IPTC info
« on: April 16, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
Please can we have a larger window for keywords in the IPTC info so we can see all keywords - or at least three lines' worth - at once?
It's hard to navigate inside the window and it's important for when we are limited to max 5 key words.
Thanks for great product.

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: Larger window for keywords box in IPTC info
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 03:37:53 AM »
You should already be able to do this by using Customize IPTC Info & Customize IPTC Stationery in the Accessibility section of PM's Preferences.

More information can be read in PM's online manual

However, the default settings within the IPTC Info is already 3 lines, and the default for IPTC Stationary is 5 lines. If you are using Classic IPTC dialogs (which only offers 1 line) you will need to uncheck that preference in order to be able to use the expanded IPTC dialogs and customise them.

Many many years ago I preferred the simple more compact Classic dialog, especially on a small, low resolution laptop screen; but (and my memory may be fooling me here, but...) changes to IPTC/XMP standards resulted in Camerabits advising against using the Classic dialogs as they were deprecated and that the option would be removed from PM in the future (it hasn't so far) - so I reluctantly investigated the then new expanded dialogs; it only took a few minutes of customising and experimentation to configure a new superior layout that works really well for me.