Author Topic: Find & Replace update please.  (Read 3942 times)

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Find & Replace update please.
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
Hello.

So it took me several years of nudging but I have to thank you guys for finally adding a button to change my sequence variable in my IPTC stationary pad. I now have another update that would be a wonderful addition.

I do my best to have my captions correct when I file but invariably I have to make corrections. To do this I most often use the find & replace tool. This works great for captions that I have already applied the IPTC stationary pad to but it would be REALLY HELPFUL to also find & replace the words or terms in my stationary pad as well. This would make further captions in the same series have the same corrections moving forward. Right now I usually have to manually go into my stationary pad to make whatever changes I already made using find & replace. It would be great to make all changes at the same time.

Even if it's just a box allowing the same changes made in already captioned images to my stationary pad.

Thanks!!!!!

Lucas Jackson

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Find & Replace update please.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 07:16:26 AM »
Anyone?

This continues to be an issue for me when I am working and find a mistake. It is easy to use find & replace to fix the mistake on captions already applied with the IPTC stationary pad but I have to manually go into the pad to change the mistake instead of just having Find & Replace fix it in already applied captions and the IPTC stationary pad for future captions.

Thanks,

Lucas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 09:11:57 AM »
Lucas,

This continues to be an issue for me when I am working and find a mistake. It is easy to use find & replace to fix the mistake on captions already applied with the IPTC stationary pad but I have to manually go into the pad to change the mistake instead of just having Find & Replace fix it in already applied captions and the IPTC stationary pad for future captions.

Thanks for your feature request.  PM5 is in maintenance mode, and PM6 has its feature set locked down at this time.

-Kirk

Offline lucasjackson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »
Thanks Kirk, fingers crossed for future updates then.

Lucas