Author Topic: PM 5 crashed at ingest many pictures from a folder  (Read 2718 times)

Offline BlueDevilHH

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 5 crashed at ingest many pictures from a folder
« on: April 28, 2017, 01:33:39 AM »
Hello,

I had a servercrash and rebuilded the files under MacOS 10.12.4 with Data Rescue 4 to a external harddrive. Between these files I had about 250.000 pictures out of the last 12 years and I tried to ingest them with PM 5.0 Build 18359. The rebuilded pictures are in a folder named "Images" with many subfolders that are named with the different filetypes of the included files "JPG", "BMP", "TIF",...

My Computer is an iMac 27" Late 2012, i7, 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD and 3 TB HDD in Fusiondrive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX.

I tried to ingest them in folders that are differed by dates, headline of the IPTC-Field "Headline" and filetype like this:

{iptcyear4}/{iptcyear4}.{iptcmonth0}.{iptcday0}_{headline}_{mediatype}

PM 5 started and worked for a long time since yesterday, opens a preview window for each new folder (is it possible to deactivate this, because after some time you get many open previews and I think it needs a lot of ressources?) and crashed after some hours with the attached Textfile with Message of MacOS:

I send this message to Apple, too.

Thank you for your support,

Mario

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 5 crashed at ingest many pictures from a folder
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:01:23 AM »
Yes, you can disable opening contact sheets during Ingest.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Ingest

In the bottom corner of this image: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/File:Ingest_Dialog2.jpg

There is a popup menu that is visibly set to "Open contact sheets during ingest" which you can change to "Never open Contact Sheets".

HTH,

-Kirk