Author Topic: Apply 2 colors or ratings to a photo?  (Read 6187 times)

Offline rugfoot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Apply 2 colors or ratings to a photo?
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:51:50 AM »
When I'm rating an ingest of photos I often want to create more than two overlapping sets for different clients. For example, I might want to send photo 1 to client A and B but not to client C. Then I might want to send photo 2 to client A and C, but not B. How can I tag photos with two (or more) ratings or colors so I can do this? Or maybe someone can suggest a different workflow? Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Apply 2 colors or ratings to a photo?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
When I'm rating an ingest of photos I often want to create more than two overlapping sets for different clients. For example, I might want to send photo 1 to client A and B but not to client C. Then I might want to send photo 2 to client A and C, but not B. How can I tag photos with two (or more) ratings or colors so I can do this? Or maybe someone can suggest a different workflow? Thanks!

Without copying the files (making duplicates) there is no way to have two (or more) sets of color classes or ratings.  The metadata is stored in the photo itself (or an XMP sidecar file in the case of RAW files).

You could always use an IPTC field for setting which client an image should go to and on upload clear out that field by applying an IPTC Stationery Pad that clears out that field (so that your clients don't see their names or the names of other clients in the uploaded image.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:53:24 AM »
What about combining colors + stars?
That's what I do all the time.

Offline rugfoot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »
Thanks for your help guys. I will try colors + stars! Is there a keyboard short cut for stars though?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Thanks for your help guys. I will try colors + stars! Is there a keyboard short cut for stars though?

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Keyboard_Shortcuts

Offline rugfoot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 02:43:16 AM »
Ah so it's either short cuts for stars or colours, not both at the same time. Shame! Oh well, at least, now I know. Thanks again!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 08:49:24 AM »
Ah so it's either short cuts for stars or colours, not both at the same time. Shame! Oh well, at least, now I know. Thanks again!

Not quite: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Image_Menu_.28OS_X.29
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Image_Menu_.28Win.29

-Kirk

Offline rugfoot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:41:31 AM »
Oh brill. Thanks Kirk - stars AND colours!! Is that new in the latest update? Cheers.

Rich