Author Topic: resending a failed upload  (Read 3530 times)

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
resending a failed upload
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:05:05 AM »
I'm sure this must have been answered before, but I can't find the answer - sorry!

Running PM5 on Windows 10 64bit.

I'm shooting and uploading as I go along then my 4G signal drops and a few photos fail to upload to the FTP server and end up with the red failed mark in PM.  So, is there a way to simply retry uploading the failed images through PM?

Offline fabianlujan

• sports photographer
    • View Profile
Re: resending a failed upload
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:47 AM »
At least for me, selected those red marked images not uploaded, right-click Upload... and that's all

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 12:39:50 AM »
and that works fine unless I have changed the IPTC fields for the image, for example to name players in the image.  The upload takes what I sent for the last image I uploaded, not this image.

So a better question from me should be "how do I re-upload a failed to transmit image while preserving the iPTC data that I input for that image?"

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »
and that works fine unless I have changed the IPTC fields for the image, for example to name players in the image.  The upload takes what I sent for the last image I uploaded, not this image.

So a better question from me should be "how do I re-upload a failed to transmit image while preserving the iPTC data that I input for that image?"

At what stage in your workflow are you changing the metadata?  Via the IPTC Stationery Pad during the upload?

You should be able to resend from within the upload progress dialog.  Select the images that failed to transfer and then click the 'resend' button (semi-circle with an arrowhead on it).

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Upload_Progress

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dusty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 11:25:01 AM »
perfect thanks Kirk