Author Topic: Keywords From PM To Lightroom  (Read 15050 times)

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Re: Keywords From PM To Lightroom
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 04:53:45 AM »
When I imported your JPG into LR I didn't do anything extra.

I'm not aware of any LR settings that would affect the viewing of keywords of newly imported images (other than user interface viewing options).

You may want to check that you're not inadvertently applying a metadata preset during LR Import... which is overwriting the keywords etc. that you applied with PM.

Offline stoner27

• View Profile
    • Colin Port Images Motorsport Photography
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 04:57:59 AM »
Ah right, i'll have a look at that later. Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »
The keywords are in the IPTC in PM, i just thought they would import to LR automatically ?

No.  LR doesn't check for changes to files it already knows about.  You need to force it to read the metadata from any changed files.

-Kirk

Offline stoner27

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »
All sorted, not sure what i did wrong but maybe the Ingest option is best !

Another thing that is happening that is a bit strange, i use a Macbook Pro, sometimes Photo Mechanic is showing at the top but isn't showing on the screen & i can't get it to show, i have to shut it down & open it again. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but it happens quite a lot !

Col

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 11:37:36 AM »
All sorted, not sure what i did wrong but maybe the Ingest option is best !

Another thing that is happening that is a bit strange, i use a Macbook Pro, sometimes Photo Mechanic is showing at the top but isn't showing on the screen & i can't get it to show, i have to shut it down & open it again. Sorry if this doesn't make sense but it happens quite a lot !

Perhaps you could post a screenshot?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline stoner27

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2017, 11:48:06 AM »
Hi Kirk,

This is the full screen, It's showing as open at the top but when i click on PM at the bottom to open it back up it does nothing ! the options shown don't re-open it either ! Could be a Mac thing but it's quite annoying !

Sorry i meant to open the PM options but they don't help either.

Col
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:49:51 AM by stoner27 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2017, 11:55:36 AM »
Hi Kirk,

This is the full screen, It's showing as open at the top but when i click on PM at the bottom to open it back up it does nothing ! the options shown don't re-open it either ! Could be a Mac thing but it's quite annoying !

Sorry i meant to open the PM options but they don't help either.

Interesting.  I've got to imagine that somehow PM's window is on a "Space" that isn't your main space.  Checkout "Mission Control" in your System Preferences.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline stoner27

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
Not really sure what Mission Control should be set on, It's like PM is open in the background but won't show on screen, the only way i can get to see it is if i shut it down & open it again !

UPDATE - I've worked it it happens if i press the red x in the top corner, if i do that PM is still open but i can't se it on the screen !

Col
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:40:43 PM by stoner27 »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »
Not really sure what Mission Control should be set on, It's like PM is open in the background but won't show on screen, the only way i can get to see it is if i shut it down & open it again !

UPDATE - I've worked it it happens if i press the red x in the top corner, if i do that PM is still open but i can't se it on the screen !

Col

Just open a new Contact Sheet window.  You can also adjust your preferences to create a new window when you resume PM and no windows are open.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Contact_Sheet_Preferences

Behavior, Create New...: If there are no Contact Sheets open and Photo Mechanic is minimised, a new blank Contact Sheet will be created when photo Mechanic is resumed.

HTH,

-Kirk