Photo Mechanic > Support

XT2 RAW

(1/5) > >>

Tim S:
Hi Kirk

Fuji XT2 RAW files are not retaining their star rating when I close and reopen PM.  I'm running PM5, build 18327 (5034d39) on Win10, 64bit.  I think I had this issue before with a different camera a while back, may have been XT1.

Any help appreciated.

Tim

Mick O (Camera Bits):
Hello,

Are you viewing the files while they are still on the memory card, or have you ingested them to your local hard drive, or another location?

-Mick

Tim S:
Thanks Mick, they've been copied to the hard drive before I open them in PM. 

I've just tried to reproduce the problem again and there wasn't a problem this time, so I now suspect the problem isn't with PM.  The files in question had been rated outside of PM on an Android tablet using the RawVision app.  This app seems to have affected the files somehow so that new ratings in PM aren't retained. 

There's always been a problem working between the 2 apps as PM doesn't show ratings from RawVision yet LightRoom does, but I didn't realise it was affecting the files in this way until now.

So my apologies, it appears it's not an issue with PM as such, although it would be great to find an app that worked on my tablet and with PM on my PC - ie ratings show on both.

Tim

Kirk Baker:
Tim,

--- Quote from: Tim S on May 09, 2017, 09:18:34 AM ---Thanks Mick, they've been copied to the hard drive before I open them in PM. 

I've just tried to reproduce the problem again and there wasn't a problem this time, so I now suspect the problem isn't with PM.  The files in question had been rated outside of PM on an Android tablet using the RawVision app.  This app seems to have affected the files somehow so that new ratings in PM aren't retained. 

There's always been a problem working between the 2 apps as PM doesn't show ratings from RawVision yet LightRoom does, but I didn't realise it was affecting the files in this way until now.

So my apologies, it appears it's not an issue with PM as such, although it would be great to find an app that worked on my tablet and with PM on my PC - ie ratings show on both.

--- End quote ---

Does RawVision modify the RAW file or does it create an XMP sidecar file?

-Kirk

Tim S:
Sidecar I think. Not got tablet with me at the moment, will check when I have it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version