Author Topic: Batch renaming error  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Alex Braga

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Batch renaming error
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »
Hi!

I'm constantly getting an error while trying to renaming multiple files at once. The process goes well until a message pop up saying that some file could not be renamed and the changes will be undone to all files. The error is not pointing to a specific file, and none of them is "read only". I've also checked and not only PM was installed with adminstrator priviledges, as the software is granted total control too. What could be happening? Does anyone here had the same issue before?

I'm running Photo Mechanic 5 build 18327.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Batch renaming error
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
Alex,

I'm constantly getting an error while trying to renaming multiple files at once. The process goes well until a message pop up saying that some file could not be renamed and the changes will be undone to all files. The error is not pointing to a specific file, and none of them is "read only". I've also checked and not only PM was installed with adminstrator priviledges, as the software is granted total control too. What could be happening? Does anyone here had the same issue before?

I'm running Photo Mechanic 5 build 18327.

Do you have write permission in all of the folders that contain files you're renaming?  To rename a file, the directory has to have write access.

-Kirk

Offline Alex Braga

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Batch renaming error
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
Do you have write permission in all of the folders that contain files you're renaming?  To rename a file, the directory has to have write access.

-Kirk

Yes, I do. The issue seems to be with the batch process itself, as it randomly picks a file that interrupts the renaming action. I've seen this error occurring in previous builds of PM 5 as well, so I have no clue what's going on.