Author Topic: Changing capture time on photos  (Read 2475 times)

Offline JRH131313

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Changing capture time on photos
« on: May 13, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »
Hello. I am creating a video in Final Cut Pro for a sports banquet that will include a few hundred photos in the middle. I have arranged the photos in the order I would like them to appear in Photo Mechanic, but when I import them into FCP, it puts them in order of capture instead. I don't think there is a way to sort them in FCP, so I am trying to figure a way to clear the creation time so I can force the FCP app to order the photos the way I want. Any idea on how I can do this in PM? Thank you!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Changing capture time on photos
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »
Hello. I am creating a video in Final Cut Pro for a sports banquet that will include a few hundred photos in the middle. I have arranged the photos in the order I would like them to appear in Photo Mechanic, but when I import them into FCP, it puts them in order of capture instead. I don't think there is a way to sort them in FCP, so I am trying to figure a way to clear the creation time so I can force the FCP app to order the photos the way I want. Any idea on how I can do this in PM? Thank you!

Are you saying FCP uses the filesystem file creation time to determine the order?

-Kirk