Author Topic: Can we edit the spellchecker?  (Read 2956 times)

Offline Melissa Wade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Can we edit the spellchecker?
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:58:14 PM »
I saw that we can choose between different spellcheckers, but are we also able to edit one? I'm pretty sure some sport-specific terms have been flagged in past, but can't remember which right now. Was wanting to add some 'difficult' referee names. That way if I remember correct spelling, it will look fine and if I screw up, it won't. Will save me time on not having to look and instead feel comfortable relying on my memory knowing that it will be flagged if I screw up.

Before you suggest code replacement, I don't want to create an officials list. It would be a headache to come up with a code that would actually work and wouldn't apply to more than one. I've done that sort of thing during past seasons and tend to wind up just typing rather than using the code.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can we edit the spellchecker?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
I saw that we can choose between different spellcheckers, but are we also able to edit one? I'm pretty sure some sport-specific terms have been flagged in past, but can't remember which right now. Was wanting to add some 'difficult' referee names. That way if I remember correct spelling, it will look fine and if I screw up, it won't. Will save me time on not having to look and instead feel comfortable relying on my memory knowing that it will be flagged if I screw up.

Try right-clicking on the misspelled word and see if you can have it remember (add) the word.

On Windows (you didn't mention the platform) the spellchecker is a product we license from a third-party and its feature set is fairly shallow.  On Mac OS X, we use the system-wide spellchecker and it certainly allows customization.

-Kirk

Offline Melissa Wade

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Can we edit the spellchecker?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 05:16:54 PM »
Thanks so much. Sorry about omitting platform - you are correct, I'm on W10.  Right-clicking added it to a "custom dictionary" which worked great.