Author Topic: Emailing images  (Read 6243 times)

Offline antpix

• View Profile
Emailing images
« on: May 10, 2006, 02:22:48 PM »
Kirk

It appears that you have updated in 4.4.3, the email feature to NOT resave an image as an option, when it is attached to an email, however it appears to be undocumented either in the version history or the help files.

Is this wishful thinking on my part and it just hasn't made it into the documentation or do the files get resaved once again?

cheers

Ant

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Emailing images
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 02:56:47 PM »
It appears that you have updated in 4.4.3, the email feature to NOT resave an image as an option, when it is attached to an email, however it appears to be undocumented either in the version history or the help files.

Is this wishful thinking on my part and it just hasn't made it into the documentation or do the files get resaved once again?

It has been this way for several releases now.  If the image is a JPEG and you don't crop or scale, don't add a watermark, leave the JPEG quality at maximum, and it needs no rotation, then basically the image needs no modifications and is not re-saved.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline gajones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »
that's good to know!

Whilst we're on the subject, I have often thought what would useful is to be to be able to specify a maximum number images to attach to an email, rather than just one or all...  so you could select 100 images for example and have PM send 10 emails with 10 images attached to each.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »
that's good to know!

Whilst we're on the subject, I have often thought what would useful is to be to be able to specify a maximum number images to attach to an email, rather than just one or all...  so you could select 100 images for example and have PM send 10 emails with 10 images attached to each.

Yeah, that would be nice, but email is very unreliable.  Some servers accept 10 MB worth of attachments, and some only accept a megabyte or so.  It is just safer to send them individually though we do allow you to send all at once.

-Kirk

Offline antpix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »
Thanks Kirk, obviously missed that one implementation! Very useful

Best

Ant