Author Topic: Minor bug in Import GPS Coordinates screen.  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
Minor bug in Import GPS Coordinates screen.
« on: May 21, 2017, 08:20:45 AM »
Asuume you have a series of photos and a gps track.  Perhaps, the capture times of the photos extends beyond the end of the gps track.  You plot the gps logs and see that only, say 100 of 150 photos have matched coordinates.  You check the first few photos and the map indicates their position properly.  You jump to the last photo but the map still shows a marker even though even though it has no matched coorinates.  The marker should disappear from the map if there arre no matched coordinates; I pay attention to the map, not the numerical coordinates and if I see a marker, I assume all is well.

PM version 5.0, build 18327 on Windows 7 Home premim with service pack 1.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Minor bug in Import GPS Coordinates screen.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »
Asuume you have a series of photos and a gps track.  Perhaps, the capture times of the photos extends beyond the end of the gps track.  You plot the gps logs and see that only, say 100 of 150 photos have matched coordinates.  You check the first few photos and the map indicates their position properly.  You jump to the last photo but the map still shows a marker even though even though it has no matched coorinates.  The marker should disappear from the map if there arre no matched coordinates; I pay attention to the map, not the numerical coordinates and if I see a marker, I assume all is well.

PM version 5.0, build 18327 on Windows 7 Home premim with service pack 1.

Thanks for the bug report.  I'll have one of the Q/A guys reproduce and file a bug.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
Bob,

Do you see the marker in the range of the plotted GPS coordinates from your log, or is it outside of the range of the path?

-Kirk

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:22:46 AM »
The unmatched photos are the last photos; they are outside the time range of the gps track.  The marker shown on the map on the "Import GPS Coordinates" screen is the marker corresponding to the last photo displayed with matched coordinates when stepping through the photos.  Once we get into the set of photos with unmatched coordinates, the marker remains and doesn't move as we continue stepping.  Thus the marker displayed is within the position range of the gps track.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 02:37:38 PM »
Bob,

The problem has been fixed in the map code on the server.  If you try the feature again it should hide the map markers when the current photo has no matches in the loaded log(s).  No update to PM was necessary.

-Kirk