Author Topic: IPTC  (Read 2156 times)

Offline sweetaud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC
« on: April 29, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
I selected photos from one date, and applied one set of IPTC to them; then I changed the IPTC and applied the new data to another set of photos on another date.

Result: Photo Mechanic 5 ingested ALL the images with the last IPTC input I created. My Nikon 750 camera saves all photos to one folder. I had another ingester software that was 1/10 of the price and allowed me to do ingest photos how I liked. Unfortunately, they no longer update the program and it's not fully compatible with Mac OS Sierra, so I bought PM5. Really? How can I ingest my photos by date or at the very least just ingest selected photos as opposed to all of them?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 11:18:44 AM »
Please have a look over this documentation:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Ingesting_Images

Specifically:

Incremental Ingest: Copy new photos only checkbox: Photo Mechanic will keep track of all photos previously downloaded and will only download photos that have not been downloaded before. If you reformat your card in your camera, then all photos shot since the format will be downloaded.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline sweetaud

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »
I'm not talking about that. I take photos on Day 1, then again on Day 2. On Day 3 I want to import all the photos, with different IPTC data because the locations, occasions were completely different. How do I import all of the photos by affixing different IPTC. Actually even on the very same day, I can take photos of two completely different occasions. How do I do this?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 07:05:54 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »
Ingest the entire card not applying any IPTC Stationery Pad.  Then after the Ingest completes, select the photos from Day 1, and apply the specific IPTC Stationery for Day 1, then select Day 2 and apply the IPTC Stationery for Day 2, repeat this process until all of the days are completed.

There is no way to have Ingest switch between multiple IPTC Stationery Pads when different dates are encountered.

-Kirk