Author Topic: Audio PAUSE/PLAY shortcut ? (and a few more)  (Read 4517 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
Audio PAUSE/PLAY shortcut ? (and a few more)
« on: June 13, 2017, 06:22:02 AM »
Hello at Camera Bits,

I believe Photo Mechanic is a stable, mature piece of software and I’ve been a user almost 15 years now.
IMO there are 3 missing features I’d really like to see :

1)  a PAUSE/PLAY shortcut for audio files attached to a picture. The play /stop button is hidden in the IPTC Dialog box and I feel it’s not an appropriate place to access it. Also the stop button is not a PAUSE, that’s what we need to transcript a long series of names. This shortcut MUST be available from the contact sheet mode and/or the preview mode, not just inside IPTC dialog box.

2) Please ADD AUDIO FILES filter option into the dropdown menu listing ALL / SELECTED / TAGGED / UNTAGGED – Often I just want to see and tag quickly the pictures with the audio files, not SORT then (my actual work around now)

3) In the INGEST dialog box, please add an option to ingest only AUDIO FILES (in the RAW-NonRAW dropdown list) – sometimes I miss-set my camera and the audio files get saved on my second back-up card in camera, it would be a time saver to have this option that I could save in a snapshot and use on occasion.

Those features would help save us time on a photojournalist deadline.

Many thanks for you continued improvement commitment of your software.

Hugo Aubert,
La Presse newspaper, Montreal, Canada.

Offline birdie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Audio PAUSE/PLAY shortcut ? (and a few more)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:00 PM »
Hello at Camera Bits,

I believe Photo Mechanic is a stable, mature piece of software and I’ve been a user almost 15 years now.
IMO there are 3 missing features I’d really like to see :

1)  a PAUSE/PLAY shortcut for audio files attached to a picture. The play /stop button is hidden in the IPTC Dialog box and I feel it’s not an appropriate place to access it. Also the stop button is not a PAUSE, that’s what we need to transcript a long series of names. This shortcut MUST be available from the contact sheet mode and/or the preview mode, not just inside IPTC dialog box.

I'd love to have this as well!

Offline fotograhn

• View Profile
Re: Audio PAUSE/PLAY shortcut ? (and a few more)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:35:09 AM »
Oh, that would be really nice. I copy that!